Monday 30 September 2013

Been A While

What you're about to read is an essay about ourselves in our Copywriting class.

Hey there! I’m the not-really-listening-cause-doodling girl in class. I’m the one that tends to walk or run around if I’m too hyped girl. I lay around in bed in the morning on the weekends but when the clock strikes 12, I do most of my plates or sketch a random idea that I had while lying in bed and try to make it come to life in AI. I am a night owl; I’m awake more hours in the night than in the day. I don’t go out a lot at night because I prefer staying in reading a book, watching videos or a movie or surfing the internet for new inspiration and the next best thing. I love playing sports or going on adventures. I’m the girl who doesn’t mind travelling anywhere in the world with my family.

I’m a dreamer and a bad-ass cause my momma says so. I’m still learning the ropes in time management but so far it has worked in my favour. I’m a frustrated Painter but a pretty good Illustrator. Me and Photoshop are still going down the path of letting me learn the damn editing maze. I may not know every shortcut in Ai , every brush in Ps, every effect in Flash or familiarize all the tools in Premiere but I’m a fast learner! Once I put my mind to it, I do my work with passion. As of now, I am still a seedling, bathing myself in the sunlight of my idols’ creativity and absorbing the flowing water of lessons that the teachers give us every day. I long for the day that I become that beautiful flower worthy of standing out in the garden. Until then, I shall perfect my skills by practicing over and over again.

 All of these rambling matter cause what would be your basis for hiring me? LOL no, I kid. This matters because without people like me, the world wouldn’t be balanced. The lines between chaos and balance would be blurred by faulty dispositions. I am here to create and show the masses what is important and to make things clearer to lead the way for a better future but not really, I’m not a politician, who am I kidding? I’m here simply to design, to create beauty amongst this chaos that surrounds us, to ignite that nostalgic spark in your mind. My momma would always say, “Time and time again people will knock you down and rip you apart but none of that matters as long as you know how to stand back up on your own two feet, a new person, stronger than the last”. Perseverance is key.

Oh and here's something that I did while I was procrastinating.




No comments:

Post a Comment